Location: Retirement Living
Under the direction of the Food Services Manager, the Cook is responsible for assisting in the production and operation of the Food Services Department.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact us at 519-326-2624.
Employment:Part Time (PT)
- Ensures that the food services department is meeting the residents’ nutritional needs.
- Ensures usage of seasonal foods, the Canada Food Guide, rotation of stock and other quality principles in the production of meals that meet the specific needs of seniors and special diets.
- Knows and interprets Residence’s policies, procedures and practices and provides leadership support while on duty to the appropriate food services support personnel.
- Maintains good working relationships with all staff members
- Operates in a fiscally responsible manner and maintains purchasing and inventory control.
- Strong team member philosophy and ability to work with a minimum of supervision in a fast paced work environment.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum Cook papers from a recognized college, Grade 12 or equivalent; Certified Red Seal Chef preferred.
- Experience in food preparation and presentation in a related work environment. Preference will be given to applicants with leadership experience in a retirement or hospitality setting.
- Self-directed and team-oriented, with good organization and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge in quality/quantity food production, the Ontario Food Premises Act, Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Experience in health and safety standards.